20 Most Romantic Travel Destinations
There are many kinds of travel destinations, but when romance is involved, there has to be something special about it. Depending on your finances and general taste in stuff, you might like anything from Caribbean resorts to an impressive villa in the hills. Whatever the case is, that little something will have to be ultimately romantic, special and with a perfect view. This is a list of top 20 most romantic travel destinations that will come in handy when you decide to get away from everyone and bring your romantic part back to life!
1. Amangalla Hotel in Sri Lanka is for fans of colonial style. Antique beds, calwfoot bathtubs and Dutch colonial fort outside the hotel will surely bring you back to the 17th century. With each step you will be learning how it felt be be alive hundreds and hundreds years ago. So get into the time capsule and enjoy your staying in Amangalla!
2. Àni Villas in Anguilla is a real luxury treat for romantic get aways. If your idea of romance is having a huge suite with fantastic view at most things mere mortals will only see on TV and of course a private pool, then this is the right place for you. Oh and yes, we forgot to mention you also get a personal chef in your own clifftop villa. As seen on TV (and in your dreams).
3. Cayo Espanto in Belize is a real heaven on Earth. It is consisted of overwater bungalows that give you an impression of being alone on a beautiful island (but not like in “Lost”). This impression comes from having a private dock on a private part island. So if you are having trouble with finding your own peace and quite, this might just be the place for you and your beloved one.
4. Eden Rock Hotel in St. Barts is a very dynamic and special place to spend your romantic time in. Firstly, it is very romantic and there is always something going on. Also, this hotel includes beautiful artwork so your time is filled with fantastic scenery inside and outside the hotel. Dining at the On the Rocks restaurant that is located on the cliff with a breathtaking view at St. Jean Bay is something you have to experience if you visit this romantic island.
5. Fowl Cay Resort in Bahamas is a real private island escape for couples who know how to enjoy. A real embodiment of good life is nearly magical, and there are swimming pigs to be seen nearby! If you two are not such great fans of swimming pigs though, this resort will surely make you feel like you own the whole island.
6. Golden Dolphin is a villa in the Dominican Republic. It is perfect for couples because of its sense of privacy and romantic views on the north shore. Namely, Golden Dolphin has one of the most romantic and quiet views that exist at Punta Cana, a place that is located on the north shore.
7. Your association is correct! This has something to do with James Bond! Ian Fleming once demanded a two months vacation in his estate in St. Mary, Jamaica to write. Today, hotel resort Golden Eye offers villas Vesper, Honey Chile and Solitaire to all romantic couples in need of privacy. So besides this is the birthplace of 007, this is a very private and peaceful place to be.
8. Hanalei Colony Resort in Kauai, Hawaii is another perfect spot for romantic couples in desperate need of privacy and perfection in every sense. And by perfection in every sense we mean an uninterrupted sunset fro Ke’e Beach at the end of the road.
9. Hermitage Bay in Antigua is a hotel resort that will make you a better person. There is an option to get a secluded beach with 25-room resort’s guests. Needless to say, the rooms are very large and equipped with Italian linens. About the pool and the view… Well, you can take a look at this fantastic view.
10. Hotel Chocolat St. Lucia doesn’t get any sweeter than this because couples are actually able to make chocolate bars- straight from the cocoa beans. This boutique resort definitely lives up to its name because beside making chocolate you two can drink cocoa martinis, cocoa bellinis and downed iced chocolate shots. Oh, and there is cocoa pesto for couples who are still not impressed by the amounts of chocolate.
11. Huvafen Fushi in the Maldives is one place where you can see and enjoy sitting on a glass-floored overwater bungalows. You get a personal butler too! There are also some historical facts you should know about this place, for example that this is where the first underwater spa was built and it is the largest wine collection in the Maldives.
12. In Jade Mountain resort in St. Lucia they do not believe in walls, doors or windows. Of course outside your fantastic room. The view you are able to enjoy so freely in has absolutely no limatations.
13. La Source is fabulous resort in Grenada where luxury meets splurge and beauty. This all-inclusive hotel will make all your romantic dreams come true so it is definitely recommended as a honeymoon destination.
14. Le Meridien Bora Bora in Tahiti is one of the most popular enclaves that are gathered above the lagoon of Bora Bora. It may sound a bit long in name, but if you pronounce it as the locals do-podapoda, you will have no problem with the island. Not a single problem in the world.
15. Likuliku Lagoon Resort is located on the edges of a Fijian lagoon is great for couples get-aways for several reasons. Firstly, the view will take your breath away and make you realize once again how in love you are with your significant other. And if the view is not enough, never ending couple massages along the Fijian lagoon will do the trick.
16. You can get to beautiful Little Palm Island if you drive 2 and 1/2 hours south of Miami. Florida’s Little Palm Island is a heaven that is not so far away, and it looks like you are somewhere in the middle of Pacific. Just you two lovebirds. And the ocean.
17. Hainan Island is also known as the Hawaii of China. Mandarin Oriental Saya is a hotel resort where many people come to surf. Of course, this is important only if you somehow manage to get out of the beautiful pools.
18. Mejumbe in Mozambique is a private island resort is perfect for couples who enjoy African culture. You will love the privacy, impressive blue skies and comfort this place gives endlessly. This is a real treat for all the couples who know how precious intimacy really is.
19. North island is another private island resort in the Seychelles where you can enjoy hiking and absolute relaxation. Everything is designed so the stress cannot come in, even if you wanted it to. Also, this is the very place where Prince William and Kate spent their honeymoon. Royal much?
20. Pink Sands Resorts in Bahamas in another peaceful and very comfortable place to spend some romantic time at. You get to hang out in those little gondola’s just like in Venice and all you will hear around you is peace and quiet. This is one of the resorts where you will feel like everything is so easy. And in Pink Sands Resorts in really is.